Friday, April 6, 2012

Shabby Chic

Image source

Today's traditional decorating style that can blend well with Domythic touches is ...

Shabby Chic

Personally, I'm not a fan of a lot of aspects of Shabby Chic. I like deep jewel-tone colours, and it's all just too pale, too pink, and just not quite my cuppa. But I have to admit that this is a style that can result in some very fantasy-friendly interiors.

Image Source

Image Source
Image Source

Of course the ultimate example of a Domythic Shabby Chic location is the tiny mini-home from My Shabby Streamside Studio. Even though I said the style isn't really my preference, there's no denying this space is just phenomenal.





1 comment:

  1. Well, I am VERY late in commenting here, but loved reading this. I agree with you, prefer deep rich colours and they suit our Arts and Crafts cottage, but if our cottage were large enough I'd love to have an all whites room. Her cottage is so enchanting and such a poignant story too.

    ReplyDelete